Our client is a new venture focused on creating value through the acquisition and subsequent development of target businesses in the downstream and specialty chemical sectors. Headed by a highly experienced specialty chemicals sector CEO and with significant PE funding, the company intends to acquire and operate businesses initially with an enterprise value up to GBP2.0 billion.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join as one of the pioneering team in the early stage development of a potentially major specialty chemicals business.
The Corporate Development Director shall report to te CEO and be responsible for acquisition target identification and building investment cases based on detailed market, economic, technical and process understanding of the chemicals and related products that the target/s produce. The role shall be based in an office in central London.
• You will be a chemist or chemical engineer with good degree in these or a closely related industrial subject. An MBA or business qualification is a plus.
• You will have a minimum of 8-10 years in suitable positions which should include experience in roles such as planning or strategy in operating companies.
• You must have business development / corporate planning / company analysis experience; from either industry or a consulting company or perhaps equity research or banking.
• You must be able to evaluate chemical processes, technologies, markets.
• You must be able to advise an investment team on merits of target acquisitions