Our client is a leading company in marketing and distributing of chemicals and raw materials. They also provide logistical and related services to other chemical distributors and clients in sectors such as oil and gas, agriculture, paints and coatings, adhesives, water treatment, food, and personal care. The company has an extensive distribution network and logistical infrastructure in the Americas, India, and China.
Business growth has led to the need to appoint a Head of Procurement for the whole company. This role reports to the SVP Supply Chain and is accountable for the effective operation of the Procurement function. The person will oversee the Procurement function in its delivery of the full suite of procurement processes as it aims to support the company to function and develop. Through day to day leadership and management of the function the Head of Procurement shall ensure that the company achieves best value from its relationships with its external partners, that risks in the supply chain and service delivery are minimized and that the highest standards in transparency and ethics are maintained.
You must be a multi-lingual (English/Spanish) procurement professional with a sound understanding of supply chain concepts (S&OP, Logistics, etc). You must have experience leading teams and complex projects, motivating people and having a strategic yet hand's-on approach.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject
• Minimum 15 years applicable experience working within Procurement or supply chain with board-level exposure
• Understanding of procurement in chemicals sector preferred
• Successful experience in leading major change initiatives
• Preference for professional qualifications (eg MCIPS)
• Preference for certification in Project Management;
• Preference for Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management;
• Preference for Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
• English and Spanish are required; additional languages a plus