Our client is a niche but very well established trading and distribution company with offices in several regions of the world. Principal product areas are polymers (polyolefins, commodity polymers, engineering polymers and masterbatch) and chemicals (packaged industrial chemicals)
The Trading Manager is an essential role to support business growth.
The role will report to the CEO and essentially act as the conduit between the CEO and the traders for "everything" to enhance operational efficient, transparency and best-practice. Hence the Trading Manager shall be responsible for coaching / supervising / giving ideas / checking / guiding and holding responsible the trading team for chemicals and polymers. This is currently 8-10 persons. Additional responsibilities include evaluating new product sources and dupitizing for the CEO at key clients and events.
• You must be, or have been a trader in the field of either chemicals or polymers
• Overall experience (~25-30 years) in trading and ideally a managerial function
• International (must speak min one foreign language other than English)
• You must have the ability to identify and motivate underperformers and support and enhance good performers.
• You must be very energetic (only way to keep up with the CEO)
• At home in a fast paced, energetic, doer-type environment based in NYC