Our client is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance additive manufacturer with sales in over 100 countries. Products include biocides, preservatives and other materials principally sold into coatings, plastics, construction chemicals and other industrial applications to produce high performing, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly products.
Reporting to the European Sales & Marketing Director who is based in Germany, we are looking for a high-quality sales and marketing professional to drive commercial success across Germany of our client's entire product range. This is predominantly biocides and microbial control products but also other additives such as surfactants, dispersants and rheology modifiers sold principally into the paints, coatings, adhesives, inks, sealants, plastics and emulsion polymer sectors.
• Prepare the sales budget within the required time frame and then rigorously implement this
• Develop sales objectives in collaboration with European colleagues and German headquarters
• Manage activities of existing German business and pursue growth opportunities
• Plan and execute customer visits and report on these plus any other market intelligence
• Manage all commercial and technical issues with customers in the area of responsibility
• Continuously improve product, application and market knowledge
• Organize and conduct visits to key accounts with key account managers
• Establish effective and efficient communication with sales support functions (order processing, lab)
We are looking for a top-class commercial professional. Compensation will depend on experience but will likely be a € Six figure salary plus attractive bonus, car and benefits for the right person.
• You must have experience selling additives into industrial markets; e.g.. coatings or plastics
• You must have a science degree to be able to convincingly sell technically demanding products
• You must be a "hunter" type new business developer with a track record of growing profitable sales.
• You must have the maturity and credibility to manage and improve existing relationships.