Our client is a leading chemicals distribution company in the Amercias.
The role of Strategic Sourcing Relationship Manager is to both strengthen and broaden our client's relationship with strategic suppliers, to identify new areas of common interest and through this, identify new growth initiatives and drive value creation for the business. Once initiatives are identified the Strategic Sourcing Relationship Manager is then responsible for working with local country heads and commercial personnel to ensure their rigorous implementation, management and success.
Critical skills for this role
• Vision: This role needs strategic thinking, the ability to see opportunities on a bigger scale and develop actionable plans to bring these to reality.
• Influencing skills: You must have a strong ability to influence people, both externally at the Strategic Supplier and internally in convincing country managers to execute your initiatives.
• Leadership: You must be able to get people to want to collaborate and achieve a common goal and the management skills to identify and help those who need additional help to achieve this.
• Persistence / energy: You must have persistence to overcome obstacles and set-backs and the energy to deliver on the plan.
• Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Business, Finance, Procurement, Engineering, or a related subject.
• Procurement/ Project Management Qualification is desirable.
• At least 5 years of experience in chemical procurement organizations of which a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience in managing/leading Supplier Relationship Management Initiatives.
• Fluency in English, Spanish and ideally (but not essential) Portuguese