Our client is a privately held chemical company putting down roots in Nigeria to leverage the country’s vast hydrocarbon resources across production of petrochemicals and white petroleum products. The goal is to develop into a leading chemical company based in Africa with operations in two segments:
* Petrochemicals and Inorganic Chemicals
The Energy Division of the Company covers operations and business in petroleum refining and natural gas processing to deliver and globally market a portfolio of products which include Liquefied Natural Gas (NLG), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) /gasoline, Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) and Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) / diesel.
The Petrochemicals and Inorganic Division of the Company is currently developing a gas –to-polyolefins project to establish a gas-to-polyolefins plant for production of methanol, ethylene, propylene, polyethylene and polypropylene from natural gas.
The company presently needs the expertise, experience, and leadership of a General Manager, a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and a team of skilled and experienced engineers for various roles in development of its projects and in conducting its business and operations.
Senior Project Engineer (COO Chemicals)
Permanent role and can be based 50% in Nigeria and 50% elsewhere in the world in the pre-EPC stage.
The incumbent will plan and direct the development, execution and completion of major capital investment projects. This includes front End Loading (FEL) steps of concept development, scope definition and preliminary engineering through detailed engineering and design, overall procurement, construction and start-up of new production facilities or modification of existing facilities. The role will become the de-facto COO Chemicals in the pre-operations stage.
* BS (6+years of experience), M S (4+years of experience) or PHD (2+years of experience)
* Degree in Chemical, mechanical, electrical engineering or other related engineering discipline as appropriate
* Chemical engineering background preferred
* Project Engineering LEAD execution experience in a chemical and /or refinery manufacturing facility
* Ability to make decisions and work independently to develop and implement state-of-the –art solutions into the production work flow
* Demonstrated leadership and people skills with the ability to work well in a team setting
* Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) effectively and promptly with all levels of the organization
* Experience should include the successful completion of at least three(3) significant projects
* Significant experience, directly related to the principles and procedures or project and process engineering, as well as, the control and integration of activities associated with design and construction projects
* Effective computer literacy
* Willingness to travel at least 20-50%
* Work with global consultants and international companies
* Professional engineer certification
* PMP certification desirable