Our client is a privately held chemical company putting down roots in Nigeria to leverage the country’s vast hydrocarbon resources across production of petrochemicals and white petroleum products. The goal is to develop into a leading chemical company based in Africa with operations in two segments:
* Petrochemicals and Inorganic Chemicals
The Energy Division of the Company covers operations and business in petroleum refining and natural gas processing to deliver and globally market a portfolio of products which include Liquefied Natural Gas (NLG), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) /gasoline, Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) and Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) / diesel.
The Petrochemicals and Inorganic Division of the Company is currently developing a gas –to-polyolefins project to establish a gas-to-polyolefins plant for production of methanol, ethylene, propylene, polyethylene and polypropylene from natural gas.
The company presently needs the expertise, experience, and leadership of a General Manager, a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and a team of skilled and experienced engineers for various roles in development of its projects and in conducting its business and operations.
Chief Financial Officer
Permanent role and can be based 50% in Nigeria and 50% elsewhere in the world in the pre-EPC stage.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position will be accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of our business. The Chief Financial Officer will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial –related activities including the development of financial and operational strategies.
The role of the Chief Financial Officer will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investors, relationship and partnership compliance and private / institutional financing.
The Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and assist the COO and CEO in all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budgeting and budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of funding.
The Chief Financial Officer will be the financial spokesperson of the company and a key number of our executive management team. He/She will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company and may additionally have a seat on the board of directors.
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
* MBA or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) Preferred
* Over five years experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
* 7 + years of total accounting or finance experience
* Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, Com and Sox compliance
* Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and /or upgrade accounting system
* Outstanding Communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence ability to motivate staff
* Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
* Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance – related issues
* Experience and success in preparing for negotiating and closing equity capital raises.