Chemical Search International Privacy & Terms
This notice sets out the way in which we, Chemical Search International Limited, will collect and use information about you which has been acquired from research, referrals or your own communications, in a way that is consistent with our responsibilities and your rights under relevant privacy law. Please read it carefully so that you understand how we will use your information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We are an executive search firm and as such are retained by organisations to identify and place talent. As part of our process we may obtain details about you including contact information. We take your privacy very seriously and need your consent to hold your personal data. We request that we keep information about you on our secure offline database on the grounds of Legitimate Interest, so that we may contact you about opportunities of potential interest in a timely manner. You are deemed to have provided this consent if you have voluntarily provided this information (e.g. you have supplied this by way of an application to a job or by giving us a business card with your details on it).
What information do we collect?
Typically in research we collect the name of your current and previous employers, job title and details of your work, skills and experiences and sometimes comments or opinions made by referrers about you.
What do we do with this information?
Your information is kept only so that we may contact you about opportunities if we feel they may be of interest. Your information is only available to our internal staff. WE GUARANTEE WE SHALL NEVER SEND ANY INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU TO A CLIENT OR THIRD PARTY WITHOUT YOUR EXPLICIT PRIOR AGREEMENT.
Where is this information kept?
Your information is held on our secure offline database. Access to your system is strictly limited to directors, employees, contracted consultants and IT support staff and is protected by a three layer authentication process. Backups are performed using a remote Backup software, which is protected by a password using AES256 Encryption. Backups run daily Monday – Friday.
How long do we hold it for?
Information on our secure offline database is deemed to be out of date after 2 years unless we have had contact with you to update it. We shall endeavour therefore to contact you at least every two years to seek your confirmation that you are happy for us to continue to hold your data.
Your rights on information we keep about you
You have the right to request we disclose information to you that we hold about you and/or that we delete this information. We guarantee this will be done expeditiously as we are legally obliged to do so. If you ask us to delete information you acknowledge this means we may be unable to alert you to future opportunities.
Access to and use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms & Conditions"). This Agreement is a legal document which sets out your rights and obligations and those of the owners of Chemical Search International and the trading name ChemExec℠. You must agree to register your details on this website and it is taken that you re-confirm this agreement each time you use this website.
- “User” By accessing any part of ChemExec℠ you become a "user" of ChemExec℠ and you agree to be bound by those general Term and Conditions hereinafter that reasonably apply to non-registered members.
- "Registered member / member" If you register your details to ChemExec℠ you become a "registered member" of ChemExec℠ and you agree to be bound by all aspects of the following Term and Conditions.
- "ChemExec" means the website identified by the url: http://www.chemicalsearch.co.uk/Club
- "We/our/us" means the legal owners of ChemExec; and any subsidiary or associated companies or legal entities which are governed by legally binding contractual arrangements
- “You/your” means an individual “user”, "registered member", a company or other legal entity
- By registering and subscribing to ChemExec℠ you become a registered member. Shortly after registering your details, you will receive an email confirming your username and password. You can then access the members’ areas and services of ChemExec℠ using your unique username and password.
- This access is provided on the basis that:
- Your username and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else.
- All information you submit about yourself on the registration form is accurate and true.
- You will not do anything which would assist anyone, not registered as a member to gain access to information contained in this site without first becoming a registered member.
- should you upgrade or purchase anything on the site then you are fully entitled to use the credit, debit or charge card that is used to pay for your membership; and this card has sufficient funds to cover the charges deducted by us.
- You do not use your access to ChemExec, or any information gathered from it, for any illegal activity, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email (sometimes known as spam) or for any use that might reasonably be deemed offensive to other members.
- You acknowledge and agree unconditionally to be wholly responsible for everything you do on, or via the ChemExec℠ site and that we are not and cannot be held responsible in any manner, at any time for the behaviour of Registered Members, neither during the time they are accessing ChemExec℠ or outside of it.
- We do not pre-screen or continuously monitor the material contributed by Registered Members but will, from time to time survey it and take corrective action if deemed necessary. You agree that we are not and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality arising out of delays in this corrective activity taking place.
- Five-strikes regulation; members can rate any message sent by you as spam or offensive and this will count as one strike against you. After five strikes your Executive or Corporate account will be automatically suspended and you will need to contact us to discuss reinstatement.
- Fair usage; while Executive or Corporate members in good standing can send an unlimited number of messages to other members we reserve the right to temporarily suspend any account whose usage appears excessive and which causes diminution of the speed or responsiveness of the site for other users. If this happens we shall inform the user and can discuss reinstatement.
- If, we have any reason to believe that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to ChemExec℠ immediately and without provision of advance notice or any refund of your membership fee. We reserve the right (a) to suspend or terminate any member’s access to ChemExec, and/or (b) to edit, or require the member to edit, material posted on ChemExec℠ if the relevant member or material appears to us to be in breach of any provision of this Agreement. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register without our prior consent.
- In the event that membership is suspended or terminated you agree that the burden of proof lies entirely with you to reasonably prove to us that you had not contravened any of these Terms & Conditions. If we are satisfied with the ‘proof’ provided we will reinstate membership immediately with credit being given for the lost membership time by way of an extension to your membership by the same number of days that suspension occurred. You also covenant and agree that you will at no time initiate legal proceedings against us in connection with any suspension or termination and agree unconditionally to accept reinstatement of membership as described as acceptable reimbursement.
- Membership or non-membership of ChemExec.com is completely independent of any other association you may have, have had or be considering with any other company associated with ChemExec, such as its owners, subsidiary, associated or otherwise contractually based companies or legal entities.
Registration, data protection and privacy
- To register you must be a minimum of 13 years of age.
- To register you must complete the registration form in as much detail as you are happy to share. By voluntarily providing this information you acknowledge and agree unconditionally that it may be accessed by us and any other subscriber and are accepting full responsibility for anything that may arise from the provision of this information.
- Some fields (marked), telephone and email address (which are required to subscribe) are strictly for our use so that we may easily communicate with you and for statistical purposes. No other Registered Member (except those registered members who are Directors, employees or contractually bound associates of ‘us’- as defined in definitions) shall be able to access this data.
- We may, from time to time be asked by interested parties (other members or third parties) for data submitted by members but which is not accessible to them. If this happens we covenant to always seek your permission before any data is made available and then to adhere strictly to your decision at all times.
- Of course, you may be contacted directly through the site with such requests. Subject to our Terms & Conditions, we will make no attempt to censor or prevent you communicating any information whatever with fellow subscribers.
- If you wish to unsubscribe please contact us. Please note that we will not remove your details from our database unless you instruct us to do so, in which case all data (except as supplied by you via correspondence or other advertised features) will be immediately removed.
- Credit Card information. We use Worldpay, to handle your credit card / debit card transactions. They operate a secure server, encrypt Members’ card information and authorise payment directly to our bank. This means that members’ card details are not revealed to us at any time. Worldpay plc themselves may transfer to, process and hold your credit card information in different countries in connection with performing their duties and you are in agreement that their actions in this regard is beyond our control.
- By joining ChemExec℠ you agree that we may contact you via your email provided to alert you of new postings or messages. You can turn off these at any time via your Dashboard / Account Settings. You also agree to receive Newsletters from us on a periodic basis via our mailshot provider. You can discontinue these at any time via your account or via the link on the newsletter.
Fees and payment
- Membership of this website is free. Upgraded membership is a chargeable feature and use of this is entirely optional. We reserve the right to modify any aspect of upgraded membership benefits at any time including future pricing and any changes shall be clearly communicated. Once paid for refunds for upgraded membership shall be at the sole discretion of the management.
- Your membership will last indefinitely. Should you wish to completely remove your details from our site you must contact us. Chargeable additional services as mentioned above shall be made available as shown from date of payment for such service, unless otherwise informed. On, or shortly before expiry we will email you to see if you wish to renew this service. If you wish to continue, you will be able to do so at our then-current Terms & Conditions and prices.
- ChemExec℠ may offer new or additional services without prior notice. Your use of those services may be subject to additional terms & Conditions, or rules of use, which you must comply with. Provided that those Terms & Conditions or rules are notified in an appropriate manner, any failure by you to comply with a material provision of them or rules governing those services will amount to a breach of this Agreement.
- ChemExec℠ reserves the right to withdraw or modify any aspect of the ChemExec℠ Services where we have legal or technical reason to do so. There may also be times when ChemExec℠ becomes temporarily unavailable, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis for technical reasons. For security or other reasons, we may also require you to change password or other information which facilitates access to ChemExec. In all cases we will make every effort to resume an acceptable level of service at the earliest possible time. We make no guarantee however as to the acceptability of this to members.
For the purpose of this agreement, "material" means any material published on ChemExec℠ including, without limitation, all text, images and graphics of any nature whatsoever, regardless of whether the copyright or any other intellectual property rights rest with us or a third party.
- You may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on ChemExec.
- You must not reproduce any part of ChemExec℠ or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated that you may do so.
- We reserve the right to use any material you may choose to send to us. If we use your material on ChemExec℠ you will be asked to whom the material should be accredited or alternatively whether you would prefer the material to be uploaded without accreditation.
- We reserve exclusive editorial rights on all material forwarded to us for use on ChemExec℠ and other associated urls.
- We do not accept any liability for material supplied and posted on ChemExec℠ by any registered member.
- You warrant that any material that you submit to ChemExec℠ is free from viruses and will not have any detrimental or contaminating effect upon this website and/or any registered members of ChemExec.
- You remain ultimately responsible for any material that you post on ChemExec℠ and warrant that the comments or information supplied are true and accurate. You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access ChemExec, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with any ChemExec℠ Service, will be capable of (a) infringing the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (b) breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortuous or otherwise, or (c) appearing to be offensive, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading. We reserve the right to remove from ChemExec℠ any material submitted by you.
- You shall indemnify us against any claims or losses, expenses or liabilities howsoever incurred (including legal expenses and other professional fees) arising as a consequence of your breach of any of the aforementioned Terms & Conditions.
- Each Member acknowledges that we are entitled to withdraw any material on ChemExec℠ which appears whether based on information received from Members or others, or our own determination to be capable of breaching any part of this Agreement, or to bring ChemExec℠ into disrepute. Each user acknowledges that we do not regularly monitor material which appears on ChemExec℠ and that we are reliant upon you and all users to notify us of anything you see which might appear likely to breach this Agreement.
Material posted by members
Third Party Advertised Material
- Individual advertisers on this site are solely responsible for the content of material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with the British Code of Advertising Standards Authority or other relevant body. Submissions must be legal, decent, honest and truthful and we reserve the right but not the obligation to amend copy to ensure compliance. You accept we are unable to check the truthfulness or accuracy of any statements made in copy and we accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Accordingly, you shall be responsible for any losses, expenses or other costs incurred by us which are caused by an untrue statement, deliberately or otherwise made or provided by you.
- Individual advertisement must not relate to more than one situation (job, event, etc). By sending your advertisement to us, you are requesting that the advertisement appears on our web site. This means that the advertisement, including your contact details if appropriate can be viewed by anyone with internet access worldwide. You agree to the publication of your data in this manner. No contract is made until we have accepted your advertisement copy. We will try to publish your advertisement on the day received, failing this our next working day.
- We reserve the right to remove any advertisement without prior notice if we deem it unsuitable for whatever reason. Provided you are not held to be in breach of any of our terms & conditions, you shall be entitled to a refund of the advertisement price paid and we shall contact you to arrange this as necessary.
- Where an advertisement does not appear on the web site at all you shall also be entitled to a refund of the advertisement price paid unless the omission is caused by unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control or because of your breach of contract. Our liability for breach of contract or negligence under any circumstances shall not exceed an amount equal to the price of the advertisement involved, provided that nothing in this clause shall limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our servants or agents
- You have the right to cancel or request deletion of an advert for any reason at any time but you accept that once invoiced or paid for by credit card, payment must be received by us. refunds may occasionally be offered at the sole discretion of the management.
- It is impossible to provide a web site completely free from interruptions and (except in the case of interruptions caused by our negligence) we do not guarantee that your advert will be provided continuously or free of errors. In addition, we will need to carry out maintenance of the site from time to time and in doing so shall attempt to keep any disruption to your advertisement to a minimum.
- If not paid by credit / debit card, payment for invoices may be by cheque (for the currency shown), draft or bank transfer with all costs by payor. Payable to Chemical Search International Limited, reference the invoice number. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. Please note; if not settled within 30 days interest shall be added at 10% per month for the full amount outstanding. By agreeing these terms you hereby agree we may do this without notice.
- These terms and conditions and the contract of which they shall form a part shall be governed by English law.
Disclaimer of Liability
- We have no control over, responsibility for, nor give any warranty as to the truth, accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of the information available on ChemExec, whether provided by Members or others. We expressly disclaim on behalf of ChemExec℠ and any party contributing material (to the maximum extent permitted by law) all liability for any damage or loss resulting whatsoever and howsoever from your use of or reliance on the information and material published on ChemExec. Accordingly, to the extent that the law permits, you release the directors, contractors and employees of ChemExec, its owners and any subsidiary or associated companies or legal entities which are governed by legally binding contractual arrangements from all liability arising out of or in connection with ChemExec℠ and the material included here by Members and other third parties.
- Please note that despite these Terms & Conditions members may provide information, or otherwise behave, in a way that is unreliable, misleading or even illegal. Please also note that some people may not necessarily be who they say they are. Your use of ChemExec℠ is necessarily entirely at your own risk.
- You will be able to access other websites via links from ChemExec. These sites are not under our control and we are not and cannot be held responsible in any way for any of their contents or eventualities arising out of connecting to these sites from the link to ChemExec.
- We give no warranties of any kind concerning ChemExec℠ or the material therein. In particular, we do not warrant that ChemExec℠ or any of its content is virus free. You must take precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility whatsoever for any infection by virus or other communication or by anything which has destructive properties.
- We will not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business, howsoever caused (whether arising out of any negligence or breach of this Agreement or otherwise) as a result of using ChemExec. We will also not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under this Agreement caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
- Without limiting the preceding Clause, during any period of twelve months, the aggregate liability of ChemExec℠ under this Agreement (whether arising out of negligence or otherwise) will not under any circumstances exceed the aggregate membership registration fees paid to us during the relevant period of twelve months, regardless of the cause or form of action.
- Nothing in this Agreement limits ChemExec’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from our proven negligence nor any other liability which may not by law be excluded. Any statutory rights you may have as a consumer remain unaffected.
- You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of this Agreement by you or through a machine on which you access ChemExec.
- We reserve the right to assign this Agreement, and to assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under this Agreement. You may not without the written consent ChemExec℠ assign or dispose of this Agreement.
- Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be made available via an announcement on ChemExec℠ at least 7 days in advance of the changes taking effect. You will be deemed to have agreed to these changes, if you do not send an email to us disagreeing with such changes within 7 days of being made “aware” of the changes. “Aware” shall be deemed to have occurred if you access ChemExec℠ at any time after the announcement is made. Should we be unable to resolve the disagreement to your satisfaction, you are at liberty to remove your details and request a refund. Any refund due shall be strictly limited to a refund of subscription fee paid and will be paid in GBP £ pro- rated from the date of joining to date the request of refund occurs.
- You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to ChemExec℠ (including the material which is contributed by Members) is owned by ChemExec℠ and may not be reproduced in any way. Notwithstanding items covered in the clause 6. Material – General, you may not at any time copy, save electronically or otherwise, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from ChemExec, or any of the material which is found on ChemExec℠ unless properly licensed to do so by us. We reserve the right to prosecute any suspected infringements of this clause to the full extent permissible by law.
- This agreement and your use of ChemExec℠ shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England, and you agree to irrevocably attorn to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- While members may express their opinions about various issues on this site, no opinions shown or any advice given is that of ChemExec℠ and should not be construed as such under any circumstances. Members should not base any decision upon material appearing on this site without independent verification of its validity, accuracy, truth or applicability to their given situation.
- This Agreement is the whole of the agreement between us and you concerning ChemExec℠ and replaces any and all earlier agreements and understandings with you, except for any fraud or fraudulent representation by either of us. A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of this Agreement